Liz's Fulbright in Malaysia

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Things fall into place (slowly)

Over the past fews I have been a regular caller to MACEE (Malaysian American Commission on Education Exchange). Apparently the process was made even slower b/c e-mails from MACEE to me weren't reaching me. We got an international calling card through
NobelCom.com At $0.03 a minute calling often was easy.

I am leaving Raleigh on June 26 at 9:19 a.m. and arrive in KL on June 27 at 11:45 p.m. (11:45 a.m. EDT) - a 26 hour trip. Right now I have a middle seat from Atlanta to Korea - I am glad that I am spending 2 entire days in KL with no obligations. I am counting on using those two days for recovery time. I will leave KL sometime on the 30th and take a bus to Penang. A bus seems like much less of a hassle than going to the airport, and another opportunity to get a few hours of sleep.

I have started to contact people that I wrote while I was preparing my application. I have heard from one woman on the faculty at Shah Alam, close to Kuala Lumpur, suggesting that I could visit campus and talk about the election!

I still don't have too many details about Penang. I have a friend asking about lodging and I may ask others for their ideas and opinions. As far as getting my research going I think that waiting until I arrive and actually meet people and trade idea seems best.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home