Liz's Fulbright in Malaysia

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Finding Housing

Finally the housing puzzle has been solved. I comforted myself by remembering that I am an adult and have enough experience that I wouldn't end up sleeping on the streets.  International students & visiting scholars often have to find housing after they arrive in Raleigh, and I have heard no horror stories. MACEE staff reasonably pointed out that it is hard to choose housing for people whose tastes may vary widely.  Mooi Lian, my friend in Kuching, and Doug both found information that temporary housing should be available through the university. (I also  included in messages that I sent to people in Malaysia a request that they let me know if they had an ideas about finding housing.) 

I had concluded that waiting until I arrived would be fine. Fortunately USM staff were more together - they just were operating on a different schedule. Closer to Just-In time information. The USM's Dean's Office is making reservations in the USM Guest House. I can stay there for the five months I am in Penang.  It seems perfect - on campus and close to advice & information. Besides I figure that my laptop won't sprout legs and walk off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home