Liz's Fulbright in Malaysia

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Packing

 I am almost finished with packing - tomorrow night (Wednesday) I will tuck in the various electronics. I have spent more time thinking about electronics than clothes. Address information is scattered in electronic & paper sites, so I have been trying to get my PDA up to date. Doug has updated my laptop - a major project. I have learned how to download & listen to podcast. I will wait before I commit to any regular podcasts. The thought of listening to msnbc commenters several nights in a row makes me crazy. The other electronics are adaptors, surge protector, mobile phone, camera, alarm clock, and hair dryer.

I seem to have less clothing than electronics. Four pairs of slacks (two dress, one reversible, and one casual), five skirts (four brown and one with more going one), seven tops, and two overblouses. I also included a set of work out clothes, swim suit, and very ragged towel (which can be ditched whenever), a backpacking towel, and four pairs of shoes. I am bringing a stash of Obama buttons as very small souvenirs. I am taking one suitcase, an overnight bag, and a computer back. I also threw in two small shopping bags. So, I think that I am set.

For any packing for six months stay tuned and I'll let you know how it all worked out.



1 Comments:

  • Just say no to MSNBC!

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/

    In the old days, we used a short-wave radio but these days you can stream BBC World Service on your laptop, I think. I would have lost my mind in Slovakia without the BBC!

    And the truth is, you really only need to pack for two weeks and no one but you will notice that you keep wearing the same things over and over again. Scarves can do wonders to change a look -- I learned to love them.

    Good luck and safe travels. I look forward to reading your posts and seeing your photos!

    Charlene

    By Blogger Charlene, At June 25, 2008 at 6:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home