Liz's Fulbright in Malaysia

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Hari Raya Continues




My biggest disappointment about being unable to visit Lena and her family during Hari Raya was missing the great food I have heard about. Now that has been remedied. On Tuesday night Lena and I shared her sister's butter cake, which gets rightly deserved rave reviews.

Yesterday I was really surprised by a knock on the door and in entered Aareen with cookies. As she left I remembered my camera. Even though I have it all the time I seem to forgot that it is there. I caught up with Aazeen before she left the building. We took a picture of ourselves and the cookies. Aareen positioned us and the camera and here is the picture. (I first met Aazeem when a colleague suggested that she ask me about US PhD programs. Alas, a nearer program beckons her.)

I also shot a picture of the cookies. You can see the many tasty options I have in the days ahead. For those with eagle eyes you will note the sheet underneath the cookies gives the conventional grading scale used in Malaysia. For example, 80-100 is an A and 79-70 is an A-. No wonder the students were so happy with their homework grades! The grades for assignments 1-4 will stand. I spent yesterday trying to come closer to conventional practice with assignment 5.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home